We have used Steve Lindley’s company previously to install a full new geo-thermal system which we are very pleased with. Last week we had Lindley Heating and Cooling come
out to do a Home Performance Assessment ($99). Robin and Brad did a detailed duct pressure testing, and they thoroughly inspected our attic and our crawl space. They also used an infrared camera to let us see through the walls to locate “hot spots” where we were losing energy. Robin was very thorough about explaining all the details of the testing process, analyzing the data and educating us about various causes for our heat loss and possible solutions for those problems. He proposed 3 possible things we could do including duct sealing with Aeroseal, a crawl space encapsulation, and removal of our old attic insulation to allow for the sealing of can lights and vents and then replacement of insulation in the attic. After much discussion and a night to “sleep on it”, we decided to first do the Duct
sealing. The duct sealing is a very interesting and involved process! I had watched some video clips on their
website and understood the process. They completely blocked off all the vents and air returns in the house, hand sealed any obvious leaking sites then pressurized the system and released the Aeroseal to move throughout the system sealing up any places that air was leaking in or out of the entire system. (Best analogy is that this process is like using “seal a flat” for your tires!) Their computer analysis showed that before we started we had total air leakage equivalent to a 33 square inch hole and when we finished, we now have leakage equivalent to a 1inch square hole!
Brad and his team arrived this morning at 8:30 and did not leave until 4:30. They arrived on time, worked hard all day,
were courteous & professional, and cleaned up completely. We are very pleased with the work and we will watch to see the differences we will experience in the house and with our electric bills! We have also decided to get our crawl space encapsulated next week because we have a ¾ basement that has a direct opening to our 400 square foot crawl space. The dampness and air contaminants from that area need to be blocked from entering the entire house. We will
update you later with how that process goes!!